Cookie Butter Strawberry Crepe – Picture this: you’re on a flight to visit some family in another state, and everything is going perfectly! Your kids are behaving, no one is kicking the seat behind you, and you can even watch a movie while flying. What a dream!
Soon the flight attendant comes by and asks if you want a snack, giving you the famous airline choices of peanuts, cookies, or pretzels. The choice is easy, and you tell the flight attendant that you want the cookies!
She hands you the Biscoff® cookies that, for some reason, can only be found on airplanes, and they do not disappoint!
Now imagine those cookies but in a spreadable, creamy, extra delicious form! That is Cookie Butter! And it is just as good as it sounds but even better on crepes!
BISCOFF COOKIE BUTTER
Cookie Butter may not be as well-known as Nutella, but it is definitely one of our very favorite crepe toppings!
In fact, Allie even prefers Cookie Butter over Nutella! Yes, we know that’s a bold statement, but you will have to try it out for yourself to see if it is worth the hype!
Here’s how you can make your very own Cookie Butter crepes to enjoy for yourself:
– 3 Eggs
– 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter
– 1 1/3 C Milk
– 1 1/4 C Flour
– 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
– 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
*Recipe makes between 6-10 crepes
-Biscoff® Cookie Butter
1) Using a blender (whisk or hand mixer will also work), blend the ingredients on high for 45 seconds to one minute until you get a creamy well-blended batter with no clumps.
*CrepePro Tip* – The order that you add the ingredients into the blender can greatly impact the crepe batter’s consistency after blending. Here’s how we do it:
At this point, we will start to blend it before adding the melted butter and flour.
If your blender allows it (we don’t want any additional messes in your kitchen!), then you can put the blender at a low speed, slowly pull off the lid, and start to add in the flour while the blender is running.
If you aren’t using a blender, continue to mix as you slowly add in the flour.
This can help avoid the deadly flour clumps as the flour is immediately blended instead of sitting and combining!
You can then add in the melted butter. It is better to let it cool slightly, as adding the freshly melted butter right out of the microwave or stovetop can potentially cook your eggs and give you an unwanted texture!
2) Once blended, check for excess flour on sides of blender or bowl, scrape down and blend once more until all ingredients seem incorporated.
3) Store batter in the fridge and let cool for at least 20 minutes before cooking. *when in a pinch, this step can be skipped, but it is recommended to give a great batter consistency perfect for making crepes on the CrepePro!
4) Heat the CrepePro to medium/low heat and let it heat up for 3-5 minutes before cooking. This ensures evenly cooked crepes.
*CrepePro Tip* – You can test the heat of your CrepePro by splashing a few drops of water on the pan. If the water immediately sizzles and dances before evaporating, then it is ready to go!
5) Have your T-handle crepe batter spreader and spatula (included in CrepePro kit) ready, as well as a way to clean off the batter spreader in between spinning crepes. We will typically use a wet rag or put the batter spreader in a container of water.
Too much batter buildup on the batter spreader will cause your future crepes to rip and tear as you spin them!
6) Now, using your favorite nonstick cooking oil, grease the CrepePro lightly and cover the pan completely. We have found that Canola Oil spray works great, but we have tried many different types of nonstick products and have found that nearly all work wonderfully!
You typically only need to spray once at the start, but if you find that the crepes are sticking to the pan, you can increase the stove temperature or feel free to add a little more nonstick spray to the crepe pan.
Next, pour about 1/3 – 1/2 c of batter into the middle of the crepe pan and spin the crepe with a T-handle/batter spreader.
Let crepes cook for 30 seconds-1 minute, or until bubbles can be seen all around the edges of the crepe and some in the middle. Use a spatula to flip the crepe, cook for about 30 seconds more on another side.
If you need help spinning your crepe, check out our article here!
Once you’ve made your crepes, the creativity can begin!
FILLING YOUR CREPES
How you decorate and fold your crepes can truly be an art form! We like to make these crepes similar to how we make the Nutella® Strawberry and Banana Crepes.
First, we start by folding the crepe in half to create a half-circle. Then we spread the cookie butter in the middle section or sometimes over the full crepe when we are feeling a bit crazy!
Next, we add the strawberries in the middle section of the crepe on top of the cookie butter. Sometimes, if we are fortunate, we even have raspberries that we mix in with the strawberries and add some whipped cream right in the middle!
FILLING STRAWBERRY COOKIE BUTTER CREPES
After the crepe has been filled, we grab the ends of the crepe and fold it. On top of the fruit and whipped cream to create a triangle.
The top of the crepe can also be a way to express yourself! If you have a real sweet tooth, you can drizzle some Nutella®. Or Cookie Butter on top of the Crepe to take things even one step further.
You can add more fruit to the top, more whipped cream. And any other topping that you can think of to create what might be the most delicious treat you have ever eaten!
TOPPING COOKIE BUTTER CREPE
Once your crepe is ready to go. As always, the next step is to enjoy it with your friends and family!
Nothing shows people you love and care more than sharing something beautiful that took your time and effort to make!
So go out, make beautiful crepes and share them with the world! Share them on social media, and we will repost them to spread love and creativity with others!