Classic French Crepes – Looking for a perfect crepe recipe to go along with your new CrepePro? Look no further! This super easy recipe is our go-to and creates a perfect batter consistency just for the CrepePro to make spinning your authentic French crepes a true delight!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 and 1/4 cup flour
- 1 and 1/3 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
*Recipe makes between 6-10 crepes depending on the size of your crepes*
1) Blend together all ingredients on high for 45 seconds to one minute until you get a creamy, well-blended batter with little no clumps.
*CrepePro Tip* – The order that you add the ingredients into the blender can have a big impact on the crepe batter’s consistency after blending. Here’s how we do it:
At this point, we will start to blend it together before adding the melted butter and flour.
If your blender will allow it, (we don’t any additional messes in your kitchen!) then you can put the blender at a low speed, slowly pull off the lid, and start to add in the flour, while the blender is running.
This can help avoid the deadly flour clumps as the flour is being immediately blended in instead of sitting and combining!
You can then add in the melted butter. It is better to let it cool slightly as adding the freshly melted butter right out of the microwave or stovetop can potentially cook your eggs and give you an unwanted texture!
2) Once blended, check for excess flour on the sides of the blender, scrape down and blend once more until all ingredients seem incorporated.
3) Store batter in the fridge and let cool for at least 20 minutes before cooking. *when in a pinch, this step can be skipped, but is recommended to give the desired batter consistency!
4) Heat up the CrepePro to medium/low heat and let it heat up for 3-5 minutes before cooking. This ensures evenly cooked crepes.
5) Have your T-handle and spatula (included in CrepePro kit) ready, as well as a wet paper towel to wipe off excess batter from the batter spreader after each crepe.
6) Spray pan once at the start of cooking. Spin crepes! Pour about 1/4 – 1/3 c of batter into the middle of the crepe pan. Spin crepe with T-handle/batter spreader. Let crepes cook for 30 seconds-1 minute, or until bubbles can be seen all around the edges of the crepe and some in middle. Use a spatula to flip the crepe, cook for about 30 seconds more on another side.
If you need help spinning your crepe, check out our article here!
Once you’ve made your crepes, the fun can begin!
Get creative with your toppings! This is one of our favorite things about crepes is that you can almost fill them with anything and they will still be delicious!
Try ham and cheese to make a scrumptious savory crepe. Or add your favorite ice cream with caramel, chocolate sauce, and a mountain of whip cream!
The choice is yours! Each crepe is like a blank canvas and YOU are the painter! For more inspiration and ideas feel free to check out our other recipe blog posts, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube pages!